Follow on Bloglovin

Wednesday 28 May 2014

Comfort food & Weird Quirks



I am going to combine my last two blog a day posts, as these are relatively short, and I am also in the library at University, when I should really be doing my last ever University assignment. But I am procrastinating by writing this. Whoopsie, anyway, here goes with my posts!

Favourite Comfort Food
This is a very simple post for me.
I have two options. One is the poor university student option and the other is the home-made stodge option.
The impoverished student comfort food, for me, is a pasta bake of some description. Over the three years at uni, me and my housemates have experimented with some strange pasta bakes, like smart price sausage pasta bake where the aim was to get the sausages as cheaply as possible! The basic ingredients include: Pasta, some sort of meat (or tuna), cheese and also a tin or two of chopped tomatoes as a base.
We have been known to tart these up with passata and chicken with some veg such as onions and peppers (these were when our loans came in!)
But when we are stuck for food to make us instantly feel better, and make us feel full for relatively cheap, this was the dish for us.

The home-made stodge comfort food.
Most people think that I am strange for eating this meal, but it is a meal that my Mam has passed down her passion for. I do not usually like my Mam’s food combinations, but this one is the tits. The combination is Sausages, Mashed Potato and some Peeled Plum tomatoes in their juice.
My god. My mouth is watering just thinking of this beautiful meal. The mash soaks up the juice from the plum tomatoes and tastes unreal. I can’t describe how nice this makes me feel, but if I feel poorly, I always want this meal!

Weird Quirk of Mine
Oh god, I have loads of weird little quirks. The one that instantly comes to mind is the one I don’t have any longer but I used to do it ALL of the time.
This quirk is where when I was watching TV or talking to someone, rather than turning my head to directly face them, I would look out of the corner of my eyes. I do not have a clue why I did it to be honest and I used to get really embarrassed when somebody brought it up, but for some reason, I have managed to stop this ‘habit’
Another Quirk, related to the previous one, is that when watching TV, I used to move my head from side to side, as if I was reading. I’ve actually stopped this now, but I believe this is linked to one of my eyes being stronger than the other and also having a wobble in one of my eyes.

Anyway guys and girls, this was the last post of my blog a day challenge. It makes me sad that this challenge is over, but at the same time I will be able to focus on new content and make the blog be more about my life and the makeup I use.

Thanks for reading,
Love, Melissa xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and commenting!